A report suggesting that sales of Britney Spears' Las Vegas shows have been a "disaster" has been countered by an exec for Caesars Entertainment, who has said demand is "very high".
Last night Radar Online claimed to have heard from an insider that "ticket sales need to start skyrocketing" very soon, but this apparently couldn't be further from the truth.
“We’re very pleased, and, as we suspected, interest in Britney is very high from all over," said Tariq Shaukat - explaining that three of the first 16 dates to hit the market sold out within one hour. Others are expected to follow suit very soon.
Britney's Piece Of Me shows start on December 27 (PR)
It has also been confirmed that Spears will sing live throughout the show, despite miming the vast majority of her last two tours - The Circus Starring Britney Spears and the Femme Fatale Tour.
“She’s in the physical shape and vocal shape to sing the entire show,” said another honcho for Caesars, adding that Brit is “super pumped and really excited about the show and has already been working out and rehearsing ever since negotiations began.”
It's also been clarified that she wore sunglasses in the dark on last week's Good Morning America appearance in order to mask how teary she had become from motion sickness in the helicopter.
Yesterday Radar's incorrect insider had said: “After spending hundreds of thousands on promo, they expected to instantly sell out all of the first 16 shows, but they didn’t come close!
“In fact, Britney only sold out three of the 16 shows put on sale and many are considering this a disaster.”
They added: “There are nearly 50 shows a year and the theatre is small…it only holds about 4,500 people. So all of this put together really isn’t looking well for Britney. Ticket sales need to start skyrocketing or else there’s going to be a lot of disappointed investors and people involved with the show.”