Adele's number one hit 'Someone Like You' was a radio favourite after its release last year but it has also now been named one of the most popular song choices for a funeral.
The Co-operative Funeralcare surveyed 250 of their 900 funeral homes across Britain to discover the top music played at funerals.
The results were certainly interesting as they found that pop music has replaced hymns in two-thirds of British funerals.
Adele's 'Someone Like You' was places at number 22 on the funeral music chart, with Frank Sinatra's 'My Way' taking the top spot for the seventh year running.
Bette Midler's classic tear mover 'Wind Beneath My Wings' came in third place, with Robbie Williams karaoke classic 'Angles' in at five.
The survey also showed that a number of funeral homes refused to play certain requests as they were deemed inappropriate. John Lennon's 'Imagine' was one of these due to the line "imagine there's no Heaven."
The full top 10 pop songs requested at funerals in 2012 are:
1. Frank Sinatra – 'My Way'
2. Sarah Brightman/Andrea Bocelli – 'Time To Say Goodbye'
3. Bette Midler – 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
4. Eva Cassidy – 'Over the Rainbow'
5. Robbie Williams – 'Angels'
6. Westlife – 'You Raise Me Up'
7. Gerry & the Pacemakers – 'You’ll Never Walk Alone'
8. Vera Lynn – 'We’ll Meet Again'
9. Celine Dion – 'My Heart Will Go On'
10. Nat King Cole – 'Unforgettable'
Adele - 'Someone Like You':
Our Favourite Ladies In Music